Hello Young Souls!
As you may have seen in other posts/emails, the Jubilee Anti-Racism Training is coming up from October 5-7th. This three day training, lead by members of the 8th Principle Task Force, offers a chance for All Souls congregants to learn what it takes to confront racism and do our part to build a welcoming, multicultural community. I plan to participate in this session, along with Abby (welcoming chair), Cora (social chair), Laura (spiritual chair), and Justine (communications chair). The training costs $160, but Young Souls has received a generous grant from the Beckner Fund to sponsor 10 people!
If you are able to participate, here’s what you need to do to register and apply for the scholarship:
- Fill out the Jubilee registration form: https://tinyurl.com/jubileeoct2018 (very short)
- If you are applying for a Young Souls Beckner Fund scholarship, select “Scholarship” in the drop down menu for cost. You will not need to submit any financial information.
- If the cost of the training is not a barrier to your participation, you can submit payment at the same link.
- Email Paula Cole Jones (email@example.com), the coordinator for the training, to let her know that you applied for a Young Souls scholarship.
- Submit a google form to apply to the Young Souls Scholarship. Please apply by this Friday, September 15th, so that we have time to review applications! If you need more time, email me or reach out to Claire (firstname.lastname@example.org) to let us know.
- Say you’re going and share the Facebook event! We hope to encourage many Young Souls to participate and help make our community a safe and transformative space for all our members. https://www.facebook.com/events/1931230500304134/
Feel free to reach out with questions! I hope to see you at the training!
YS Social Justice Co-Chair
P.S. If you’re interested in the training, but not available October 5th-7th, Jubilee typically happens 2-3 times a year depending on interest. Please let us know if you would like to participate, but are not able to make this training, so that we can share that interest with the 8th Principle Team!